BRING A TEAM
If your church or group are interested in partnering with us, we would love to discuss your participation. By joining Ray of Hope, you can bring a sense of joy and love to the people of the Amazon who feel forgotten and abandoned. Many villages have a lot of needy children. Kids who lack proper nutrition, medical care, clothing, and opportunities for education. You can bring your love and care to these children. You can impact a child for years to come, just as Jesus briefly touched many lives while on earth, yet impacted them for life. You can be Jesus to them.
WHY JOIN? A FEW OF THE MANY REASONS
- Keeping a boat running is a lot of work! Your team can bring a heart of service by joining alongside us as we cook, clean, carry supplies and reach out to villagers (Col 3:23, Acts 2:35)
- Each person has their own spiritual gifts. You can add some of your own creativity and skills to the trip. We have teams who bring their own skit teams, sports teams, craft teams, prayer teams, building experts, nurses, doctors, etc. We will partner together to bring these skills and talents to the villagers (1 John 5:11, Matt 5:16)
- Each person has their own testimony to share with others. Hearing testimonies about what God has done or is doing in your life not only in Brazil but around the world is inspiring and fills people with hope, often tugging at the most hardened of hearts. (Romans 1:8, Psalm 71:15-18, 1 John 5:11, Acts 1:8)
- We are an imperfect people living day by day in the grace of God as we serve. Serving alongside Brazilian and international teams brings much joy and we are encouraged to continue the work to which we are called (1 Thess 5:11, Heb 10:24-25)
- You can provide food, clothing, boats and other needs by bringing items on your trip along with your financial gifts (Luke 3:11, Luke 6:38, Acts 20:35, James 2:15-16)
- It’s rewarding and great fun!
If you are able, we encourage you to bring a worship leader and guitar or other instrument for devotional time on the boat as well as in the villages (Isaiah 12:4-6)
How many people can we bring? We can go onto the river with both large and small teams. We will rent a boat sized accordingly. The maximum team we can work with is 22.
Where will we stay? We rent very comfortable open air boats. You will sleep in open air hammocks with mosquito nets on the upper part of the boat, and if needed, comfortable air conditioned hotels for 1-3 nights.
I am living outside of Brazil. Will I need a Passport or Visa? You will need both a Passport and Visa. Follow the instructions to ensure obtaining a Brazil Visa will be a smooth process for you and your team.
Where will we eat? We will eat at restaurants in the city of Manaus and while on the river, we hire cooks to cook and serve all meals on the boat.
Can I come along and just watch what you do? When you board our boat you are part of our team! We love getting to know team members and come alongside you to make your trip as fun and impactful as possible.
How long are the trips? The trips are typically one to two weeks.
Will I be safe? We travel with a very experienced team, bring along a wildlife expert, and provide bottled water for foreigners. Our first priority is your well-being.
SAMPLE OF BRAZIL INTINERARY